Avignon - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Avignon - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Lovely town only a 2 hour 40 minutes train ride away from Paris
Since 1995 Avignon's centre is UNESCO World Heritage listed
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Avignon
- Avignon by train - City guide & train tickets
- Avignon TGV - Info
- Avignon TGV - Hotels near the station
- Avignon TGV - Rental cars
- Rail Map - France
- France by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Avignon by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Avignon?
Avignon Centre is the central station. In all likelihood you will arrive at the Avignon Gare TGV. This station is connected to the inner city by shuttle trains.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station of Avignon Centre is located in the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Avignon?
- SNCF TGV High speed trains
- TGV Lyria trains from and to Switzerland
- TER regional trains
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Luxembourg, Carpentras, Marseille, Basel, Paris, Le Havre and many other stations
Do you offer all train tickets to Avignon?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Avignon, located on the left bank of the Rhone in maybe the most beautiful region of France, the Provence, is simply a lovely town with a very charming centre full of historic building. The city, once the residence of the pope, is very easy to reach from Paris, Marseille and Lyon.
Avignon TGV - Info
Railway Stations Avignon
Avignon has two main station: Avignon TGV and Avignon Centre. Avignon TGV is located 5 kilometers from the centre, there are regular shuttle buses. At Avignon TGV there are regular TGV's arriving from Paris, Lyon and Marseille, while Avignon Centre is located in the city centre, but is poorly connected with major destinations in France.
Info Avignon TGV
- Wifi: free, but limited
- Lockers: no
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 1 hours
- Bike: -
- Tram: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: 5 minutes, regular shuttle buses
- Taxi: yes
Avignon TGV - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Avignon Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago
Avignon TGV - Rental cars
Rail Map - France
France by train - Train tickets & info
Tips and tricks to book cheap train tickets France
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available three months in advance (tickets for the summer can be booked from February) Train tickets can be three times as cheap if they are booked in advance
- If possible, avoid trains during rush hour and TGV's used by Parisians for "weekend breaks" to travel to the country side
- If tickets are sold out or very expensive, you could try to buy tickets to a destination nearby and from there to your final destination
- Sometimes regionals trains are much cheaper than TGV-trains, but often the travel time is much longer
- Travel on very early trains or late in the evening is often the cheapest option, except for some busy routes, like Paris to London
- Trains in France - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" award at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Book Cheap Train Tickets in Europe