Traveling abroad with a disability
International train travel with a mobility restriction? Read the possibilities and rules for traveling with a disability here.
- The wheelchair spaces are almost always in the middle of the train.
- In this train a wheelchair may be a maximum of 150 x 70 cm. Together with the person, it may not weigh more than 250 kilos.
- Supervisors with an OV-supervisor card can travel free of charge within the Netherlands and Belgium.
- For travelers with wheelchairs there is a place in the comfort 1 available in every Thalys train. This place is specially made for wheelchairs and therefore is offered a special rate. The wheelchair passenger's companion is offered the same rate.
- In this train a wheelchair may be a maximum of 75 x 125 cm. Together with the person, it may not weigh more than 300 kilos.
- For blind travelers there is no special rate, but there is for their supervisor. A guide dog is free.
ICE International and Intercity Berlin
- In the ICE International there are 2 wheelchair places and in the IC Berlin there are 4. These are all in the 2nd class and the supervisor's place is always kept free.
- In these trains a wheelchair may be a maximum of 125 x 75 cm.
- There are 2 wheelchair spaces available in the 1st class for a special rate. The supervisor will be offered the same price.
- Mobility scooters may be transported free of charge in the luggage compartment (with the exception of scooters running on fuel, which are not permitted).
- In this train a wheelchair and / or mobility scooter may be a maximum of 100 x 70 cm.
- For blind travelers there is no special rate, but for their supervisor. A guide dog is free, but must be notified in advance and meet the conditions of the Eurostar. At the same time, they can only participate on the Brussels South London route.
- Mobility scooters and wheelchairs may not exceed 120 x 70 cm in TGV trians.
Do you have questions about traveling with a disability or do you want to book at trip? Send us an email at email@example.com