Trains in Sweden - Rail Guide, Train Tickets & Reservations
- Inlandsbanan - Info
- Sweden by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - Inlandsbanan
- Trains in Sweden - Overview
- Types of high speed trains in Europe
Inlandsbanan - Info
The Inlandsbanan takes you on a discovery tour through the beautiful Swedish landscape. You can travel from Värmland in the south via Dalarna to Lapland in the north. You travel through 19 municipalities. There is a lot to experience, from exploring nature and local heritage to eating delicious food such as blueberries, white fish and reindeer meat.
All Inlandsbanan trains have expert, helpful train stewards. They tell you about the places and the landscape you are traveling through. They are there to help you as much as possible and can also help with practical matters. The stewards stay on board the train / bus and do not accompany you on excursions or to your accommodation.
- Kristinehamn to Mora | Mora to Kristinehamn
- Mora to Östersund | Östersund to Mora
- Östersund to Gällivare | Gällivare to Östersund
- Comfortable seats
- USB sockets at each seat
- Reservation advised
While you are on board the train you can view the menu. There are all kinds of different specialties, you can place your order with the steward. Depending on your choice, you can enjoy this order at the local restaurant, or you can take it with you on board.
Available in all rail cars of Inlandsbanan.
USB sockets available at all seats of the rail cars.
Children up to 11 years travel with a discount.
Dogs are taken as long they are on a leash and wear a muzzle. Dogs carried in a bench or bag travel for free, large dogs might need to be payed for. There is a designated area with seats on board the rail car.
No luggage limit on board of Inlandsbanan-trains. Small luggage can be stowed in the overhead luggage racks or under your seat, for larger cases there are luggage racks in the compartments and near the outside doors.
Ticket inspections are made before entering the platforms on the main stations. In some stations ticket inspections are made on board of the train.
International discount cards dont give a discount on Inlandsbanan-services.
Interrail / Eurail
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fare, see Group travel by train.
Inlandsbanan is a tourist train that runs a scenic route in Sweden. No first class available. More information on train travel for businessmen: Business travel by train.
Sweden by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Sweden:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 2-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Sweden - Find & Book Train Tickets
- SJ is the name of the national railways of Sweden
- Cheap promo tickets are available if you book early
- The X2000 is the high speed train of SJ
- SJ - National Railways Sweden - More info and photos
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!