Amsterdam - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Cheap Train Tickets - Amsterdam - Book Now!
Walk from Amsterdam Central Station to Dam Square. It's not even 0.5 mile!
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Seventeenth-Century Canal Ring Area of Amsterdam
Same price or even cheaper than the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Amsterdam
- Amsterdam by train - City guide & train tickets
- Amsterdam Centraal - Info
- Amsterdam Centraal - Hotels near the station
- Amsterdam Centraal - Rental Cars
- The Netherlands by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - The Netherlands, Luxembourg & Belgium
- Rail destinations in Europe
Trains to Amsterdam
Amsterdam by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam Centraal is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the centre of the city. You can reach Dam Square within 10 minutes walking.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Amsterdam?
- All trains of NS, the Dutch railways
- International Intercity to Brussels and Antwerp
- InterCity to Berlin, via Osnabrück and Hannover
- InterCity Express to Düsseldorf, Cologne and Frankfurt am Main
- International high speeds trains: Eurostar to London, Thalys to Paris
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to London, Paris, Antwerp, Brussels, Rotterdam, Cologne Frankfurt am Main and Berlin.
Do you offer all train tickets to Amsterdam?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
The good thing about Amsterdam is that the city is rather small and you can walk from the train station to the centre and all major museums in the city.
The recently renovated Rijksmuseum is a beautiful museum with all the major works of the Dutch masters, like Rembrandt and Vermeer.
The Anne Frank House is very busy, there is always a long queue outside the museum, but the museum is very tranquil and impressive because there is only a limited amount of visitors allowed and you have the feeling you are visiting someone's house, all orginal pieces are still there. You feel the tragic history in the whole building. Please remember to book your visit in advance.
The Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk are both at the Museum Square. The Van Gogh museum -of course- has a large collection of Van Gogh paintings.
The Stedelijk is the world famous for modern art and always has impressive exhibitions.
By train to cities near Amsterdam
Travel by train to beautiful places like the Keukenhof to see the famous tulips; or to Utrecht or Rotterdam, to less visited towns with old city centres like Haarlem. You can also travel a bit further to Giethorn, a small village that reminds of Venice.
Amsterdam Centraal - Info
Railway station Amsterdam, Amsterdam Central
Amsterdam Centraal is the name of the main station in Amsterdam and is located in the centre. You can walk from the station to the canals, Dam Square and to other major attractions.
If you want to go to the Rijksmuseum or the Van Gogh museum which are located at the other side of the centre you can walk for of about 30 minutes, take a tram or the newly opened underground. You can also easily rent a bike.
- Wifi: yes, available throughout the station
- Lockers: yes, available 24h
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid, but not recommended! (Park your car for free at Diemen or Halfweg station)
To the city centre
- Walking: 10 minutes (to the Dam, the central square)
- Bike: OV Bike
- Subway: 2 minutes to the Rokin stop. It's superfast.
- Tram: 10 minutes
- Bus: don't take it. It's not going to the centre.
- Taxi: yes. Including Uber.
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are announced.
Finding your carriage:
- You can find the right spot where the train stops, by looking at the table with train compositions that can be found on the platform.
Amsterdam Centraal - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Amsterdam Central Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Ibis Styles Amsterdam Central Station***
Hotel Westcord City Centre***
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Amsterdam Centraal - Rental Cars
The Netherlands by train - Train tickets & info
Train tickets in The Netherlands
- Prices for domestic train tickets are fixed
- No promo fares
- E-tickets are available (you'll receive e-tickets if you book here at HappyRail)
- Trains in The Netherlands - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the award for "Best Innovation" at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy all Cheap Tickets!