Trains in Germany - Rail Guide, Train Tickets & Reservations
InterCity Germany - Cheap Train Tickets - Book Now!
The InterCity of DB Bahn, the German railways
Train tickets start from € 19,90
Intercity 2: Germany's youngest generation of intercity trains
BordBistro for meals and drinks
Eurail Pass / Interrail Pass: valid on the InterCity - seat reservations optional (recommended)
More info: trains in Germany and Rail Guide Germany
- InterCity Germany - Info
- Destinations - InterCity Germany
- Germany by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - Germany
- Types of trains in Germany
- Types of high speed trains in Europe
InterCity Germany - Info
Long distance services between the large cities in Germany with operations at a two-hour frequency and some of them abroad . First class, second class and dining car available. Bikes are taken on the most InterCity-services if not all. Reservation of a space for your bike is compulsory. EuroCity is classified as InterCity within Germany.
- Berlin to Munich | Munich to Berlin
- Berlin to Hamburg | Hamburg to Berlin
- Berlin to Amsterdam | Amsterdam to Berlin
- Free Wifi on InterCity-2 (select routes)
- Comfortable seats
- Reservation optional (highly recommended during rush hour and on longer trips)
- Free Wifi on InterCity-2 (select routes)
- Reservation free of charge
- Comfortable leather seats
- Quiet atmosphere
- All seats have power points
- At-seat service for drinks and food
- Acces to first class lounges (Super Sparpreis excluded)
BordBistro/BordRestaurant on all services with drinks, snacks and simple meals. In the 1st class meals will be served at your seat (not included in the fare).
Not available yet.
At all seats.
Children up to 14 years travel for free with their (grand)parents.
Dogs are taken as long they are on a leash and wear a muzzle. Dogs carried in a bench or bag travel for free, bigger dogs pay half the fare of an adult.
No luggage limit on board of InterCity-trains. Small luggage can be stowed in the overhead luggage racks or under your seat, for larger cases there are luggage racks in the compartments and near the outside doors.
No check-in needed, you can turn up at the station and board the train at any time before departure.
Discount cards - Bahncard
The German Bahncard 25 and Bahndcard gives 25 or 50 percent discount on full fares. Furthermore the BahnCard 25 gives 25% off cheap Super-Sparpreis-Europa-fares and Sparpreis-Europa-fares. International discount cards like Railplus, ÖBB Vorteilscard, Halbtaxabonnement and Voordeelurenabonnement give discounts on full fares on the part of the journey outside Germany.
Interrail / Eurail
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fare, see Group travel by train.
The first class onboard InterCity-trains offers a comfortable and quiet working sphere. Special compartments for 6 persons are bookable on most InterCity-services which are useable for on-board meetings. The First Class-lounge on German stations is open for all first class passengers (certain rates excluded). More information: Business travel by train.
At the station
For first class passengers (certain ticket rates are excluded) special lounges are avaible on large stations, both within Germany and abroad. For second class passengers waiting rooms and restaurants are located within all stations. The train number, destination and time of departure will be published at screens at the stations. The platform will be announced around 30 minutes for departure but always keep a look at the screens or listen to the announcements for any changes.
Germany by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Germany:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 6 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Germany - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Deutsche Bahn is the name of the national railways of Germany
- "Sparpreis" is the name of the promo tickets of Deutsche Bahn
- ICE International is the high speed train of Deutsche Bahn
- Deutsche Bahn - National Railways Germany - More info
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!