Trains in France - Rail Guide, Train Tickets & Reservations
TGV Lyria - Cheap Train Tickets - Book Now!
TGV Lyria: The high-speed train connecting France and Switzerland
Train tickets start from € 39
Comfortable, high-speed trains in France and Switzerland, up to 320 km/h
Travel in comfort with confirmed seat reservations
Eurail Pass / Interrail Pass: valid on the TGV Lyria - seat reservations compulsory
#1 for all trains in Europe
- TGV Lyria - Info
- Destinations - TGV Lyria
- France by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - France
- Types of trains in France
- Types of high speed trains in Europe
TGV Lyria - Info
High speed trains from Paris and other French cities to Basel, Zürich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva in Switzerland.
- Comfortable seats
- Reservation included
- Bistro coach where drinks, snacks and small meals are available for sale
- Power sockets at seats
- Comfortable seats with more leg room
- Reservation included
- Quiet atmosphere
- Power points at all seats
- Meal included on Parijs-Dijon-Switzerland services
- Bistro coach where drinks, snacks and small meals are available for sale on other routes
- Acces to the Lyria-corner and SBB-lounges
For all passengers there is a Bistro-coach available on each TGV-service selling drinks, warm and cold dishes and snacks.
Available at all seats.
Children up to 3 years travel for free when they don't need an own seat. There are special discounted fares for children from 4 up to 11 years.
Small dogs travelling in a bag or bench are taken for free. Larger dogs pay the special "Dog"-fare. Dogs must be kept on a leash and be muzzled all times. Guidance dogs are taken for free.
Officially there is a luggage limit of two large suitcases plus a small bag per passenger, but in practice this isn't enforced. There are luggage racks for big suitcases and backpacks near the entrance doors, for smaller bags there is space in the overhead luggage racks and under your seat. You've to label your bags, labels are available at all stations.
At the train stations of Paris there is a check-in with ticket check and x-ray of your luggage, it's advisable to be at the train station 20 minutes before departure. At all other stations there is no check-in but doors will be closed 2 minutes before departure time so be in time at the station.
Discount Cards like Railplus don't give a discount on TGV-Lyria-services.
Interrail / Eurail
Passengers with a valid Interrail or Eurail-pass can use the special Pass-fare on TGV-Lyria-services. Pass holders pay €16 to €36, the price depends on the number of seats sold and the day of travel.
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fares, see Group travel by train.
The first class offers all the amenities needed for the business traveller to work and relax on board including special departure lounges (for first class passengers) and flexible fares. See also Business travel by train.
At the station
Please note the check-in times at some stations (see boarding). Most TGV-stations offer waiting rooms and shops/restaurants for second class passengers. First class passengers can use the Lyria-corner in Paris Gare de Lyon and SBB-lounges at Swiss stations.
France by train - Train tickets & info
Tips and tricks to book cheap train tickets France
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available three months in advance (tickets for the summer can be booked from February) Train tickets can be three times as cheap if they are booked in advance
- If possible, avoid trains during rush hour and TGV's used by Parisians for "weekend breaks" to travel to the country side
- If tickets are sold out or very expensive, you could try to buy tickets to a destination nearby and from there to your final destination
- Sometimes regionals trains are much cheaper than TGV-trains, but often the travel time is much longer
- Travel on very early trains or late in the evening is often the cheapest option, except for some busy routes, like Paris to London
- Trains in France - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" award at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Book Cheap Train Tickets in Europe