Trains in Germany - Rail Guide, Train Tickets & Reservations
Interregio-Express Germany - Cheap Train Tickets - Book Now!
The regional train of DB Bahn, the German railways
Train tickets start from € 14,90 i.e. Mannheim to Heidelberg
Interregio-Express, connecting villages in Baden-Württemberg, Saxony and Bavaria
Eurail Pass / Interrail Pass: valid on the Interregio-Express - seat reservations none applicable
More info: trains in Germany and Rail Guide Germany
- Interregio-Express - Info
- Destinations - Interregio-Express
- Germany by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - Germany
- Types of trains in Germany
- Types of high speed trains in Europe
Interregio-Express - Info
Fast regional services between the cities. Deutsche Bahn operates a special IRE-train between Hamburg and Berlin to compete with the long distance buses. First and second class available, trolley service on some routes. Bikes are taken, on some routes only with reservation.
- Comfortable seats
- Reservation optional on Hamburg-Berlin trains (highly recommended during rush hour and on longer trips)
- Free Wifi on Hamburg-Berlin trains
- Comfortable leather seats
- Quiet atmosphere
Reservation optional on Hamburg-Berlin trains (highly recommended during rush hour and on longer trips)
- Free Wifi on Hamburg-Berlin trains
A catering trolley will pass through the train on Hamburg-Berlin trains and some other routes.
Free for first and second class in Hamburg-Berlin trains.
Special compartments for familys and for parents with babys and toddlers. Children up to 14 years travel for free with their (grand)parents.
Dogs are taken as long they are on a leash and wear a muzzle. Dogs carried in a bench or bag travel for free, bigger dogs pay half the fare of an adult.
No luggage limit on board of Interregio-Express-trains. Small luggage can be stowed in the overhead luggage racks or under your seat, for larger cases there are luggage racks in the compartments and near the outside doors.
No check-in needed, you can turn up at the station and board the train at any time before departure.
Discount cards - Bahncard
The German Bahncard 25 and Bahndcard gives 25 or 50 percent discount on full fares. Furthermore the BahnCard 25 gives 25% off cheap Super-Sparpreis-Europa-fares and Sparpreis-Europa-fares. International discount cards like Railplus, ÖBB Vorteilscard, Halbtaxabonnement and Voordeelurenabonnement give discounts on full fares on the part of the journey outside Germany.
Interrail / Eurail
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fare, see Group travel by train.
The first class onboard Interregio-Express-trains offers a comfortable and quiet working sphere. The First Class-lounge on German stations is open for all first class passengers. More information: Business travel by train.
At the station
For first class passengers (certain ticket rates are excluded) special lounges are avaible on large stations, both within Germany and abroad. For second class passengers waiting rooms and restaurants are located within all stations. The train number, destination and time of departure will be published at screens at the stations. The platform will be announced around 30 minutes for departure but always keep a look at the screens or listen to the announcements for any changes.
Germany by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Germany:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 6 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Germany - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Deutsche Bahn is the name of the national railways of Germany
- "Sparpreis" is the name of the promo tickets of Deutsche Bahn
- ICE International is the high speed train of Deutsche Bahn
- Deutsche Bahn - National Railways Germany - More info
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!