Cologne - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Cologne - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Cologne Hauptbahnhof is centrally located, ideal to discover the city immediately
Climb the tower of the Dom in Cologne. From here you have the best view of the city and region
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Cologne
- Cologne by train - City guide & train tickets
- Köln Hbf - Info
- Köln Hbf - Hotels near the station
- Köln Hbf - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Germany
- Germany by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Cologne by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Cologne?
Cologne Hauptbahnhof (Köln Hbf) is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the very centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Cologne?
- InterCity by Deutsche Bahn, the German Railways.
- ICE (InterCity Express) which is Germany's high-speed train
- Eurocity. Connecting major European cities to each other.
- Thalys, high-speed trains connecting Germany with Belgium and France.
- Regional Express, regional trains connecting bigger stations with smaller stations.
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to a lot of cities in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, France and Belgium. For example to Frankfurt(Main), Munich, Innsbruck, Vienna, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and many other cities.
Do you offer all train tickets to Cologne?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Arrive at the Hauptbahnhof (Central Station) right next to the Dom of Cologne. Stroll along the Rhine or take the cable car to the other side of the river. Explore the vibrant and historic city center. Direct trains run from all over Europe to Cologne.
Köln Hbf - Info
Railway Station Cologne
The main station in Cologne is Köln Hauptbahnhof. The station is located next to the Dom, the beautiful cathedral of Cologne. The centre is at a walking distance. The train enters the station after a long travers along the long and impressive Hohenzollernbrücke over the Rhine.
- Wifi: yes, free for 30 minutes
- Lockers: yes, 24h
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 5 minutes
- Bike: no city bikes
- Tram: -
- Bus: possible, best to walk
- Taxi: yes
Köln Hbf - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Koln Hbf Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Ibis Hotel Köln am Dom***
TRYP by Windham Koln City Centre****
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Köln Hbf - Rental cars
Rail Map - Germany
Germany by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Germany:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 6 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Germany - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Deutsche Bahn is the name of the national railways of Germany
- "Sparpreis" is the name of the promo tickets of Deutsche Bahn
- ICE International is the high speed train of Deutsche Bahn
- Deutsche Bahn - National Railways Germany - More info
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!