Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe
Scenic Train Ride Switzerland
Order Your Tickets
Jungfrau Travel Pass: 100% discount for almost all routes
Swiss Travel Pass: 100% Discount Interlaken-Lauterbrunnen/Wengen/Grindelwald
Swiss Travel Pass: 25% Discount to the Jungfraujoch
Swiss Half Fare Card: 50% Discount Interlaken - Jungfraujoch
Eurail: 25% Discount Interlaken - Jungfraujoch
Operates year-round; departs every 20-60 minutes
Route: Interlaken - Wengen/Lauterbrunnen - Kl. Scheidegg - Jungfraujoch
Europe’s highest-altitude railway station at 3454 metres
At the heart of the UNESCO heritage site “Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch”
Over 100 years in service
Multiple restaurants at the Jungfraujoch
Hotels nearby the stations of Wengen and Interlaken
- Jungfraujoch - Map
- Jungfraujoch - Swiss Travel Pass
- Jungfraujoch - Facts
- Jungfraujoch - Video: Overview
- Jungfraujoch - Video: Interlaken-Wengen-Jungfraujoch
- Jungfraujoch - Video: Winter
- Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
- Swiss Travel Pass - List of all the highlights
- Trains in Switzerland - Top 3
Jungfraujoch - Map
Jungfraujoch - Swiss Travel Pass
Jungfraujoch - What is included with the Swiss Travel Pass?
Swiss Travel Pass Consecutive and Flex
- 100% Discount: Interlaken-Wengen/Lauterbrunnen-Kleine Scheidegg
- 25% Discount: Kleine Scheidegg-Jungfraujoch
Swiss Half Fare Card
- 50% Discount: Interlaken-Wengen/Lauterbrunnen-Kleine Scheidegg-Jungfraujoch
Jungfraujoch - Facts
- Altitude: 3454 MASL
- Arrival: Via Grindelwald–Kleine Scheidegg or via Lauterbrunnen–Kleine Scheidegg, then by cog railway Kleine Scheidegg–Jungfraujoch (Kl. Scheidegg-Jungfraujoch=very narrow gauge railway)
- Timetable: Operates year-round
- Travel duration to summit: From Interlaken to the Jungfraujoch takes 2h10 one-way
- Attractions: Nine kilometres of railway track from Kleine Scheidegg, close to 1400 metres in altitude, a little over seven kilometres within the mountain tunnel; Ice Palace, Ice Gateway, Sphinx viewing platform, walks in the eternal snow, Alpine research exhibition in summer.
The Jungfraujochbahn is the highest railway station in Europe at 3454 metres above sea level. The train station offers wonderful views over the Swiss Alps and the Aletsch Gletscher.
At the station
Trains depart from Interlaken East station. It's possible to make a round trip by travelling to the Jungfraujoch via Lauterbrunnen and Kleine Scheidegg and returning via Kleine Scheidegg and Grindelwald.
- Comfortable seats
- Big windows to enjoy the magnificent views
- Only second class available on Jungfraujoch trains
No catering onboard, there are however restaurants on the Jungfraujoch, Kleine Scheidegg and some other intermediate stations.
Children up to 15 years travel for free on a Family Card when they travel with their (grand)parents. This Family Card is for sale at any Swiss train station for 30 Swiss Francs. When you're travelling on a Pass of the Swiss Travel System this card is available for free.
Dogs are accepted on the Jungfraujoch Railway. Small dogs in a bag or bench travel for free, larger dogs pay half the adult fare. Dogs have always to be on a leash.
Limited luggage space available. There are luggage lockers in Interlaken to store you large luggage so you can travel up the Jungfraujoch light.
You can board the train at any time before departure.
Interrail / Eurail
Interrail and Eurail are not valid on the Jungfraujoch. Eurail gives a discount of 25% on the Jungfrau Railways.
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fares, see Group travel by train.
Jungfraujoch Region - Popular Routes
- Trains to the Jungfraujoch
- Trains Interlaken to the Junfraujoch
- Trains Interlaken to Wengen
- Trains Interlaken to Grindelwald
- Trains Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen
- Trains Wengen to the Jungfraujoch
- Trains Grindelwald to the Jungfraujoch
Jungfraujoch - Video: Overview
Jungfraujoch - Video: Interlaken-Wengen-Jungfraujoch
Jungfraujoch - Video: Winter
Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
Swiss Travel Pass
- 1 pass for all trains, buses and boats in Switzerland
- Cheaper than multiple single-journey tickets
- Free travel on most panoramic routes
- Free travel on public transport in 75 towns and cities
- Free admission to more than 490 museums
- Swiss Travel Pass - More information
Train Tickets in Switzerland
- All point-to-point tickets in Switzerland
- Half Fare discount
- Supersaver tickets
- Train Tickets in Switzerland - More information
Trains in Switzerland
Swiss Travel Pass - List of all the highlights
- Glacier Express
- Bernina Express
- Golden Pass Line
- Gotthard Panorama Express
- Chocolate Train
- Cheese Train
- Centovalli Line
- Voralpen Express
Mountains Trains and Cableways