Lyon - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Lyon - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Beautiful old city centre
Famous city for its gastronomy
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Lyon
- Lyon by train - City guide & train tickets
- Lyon Part Dieu - Info
- Lyon Part Dieu - Hotels near the station
- Lyon Part Dieu - Rental cars
- Rail Map - France
- France by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Lyon by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Lyon?
Lyon Part Dieu is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is centrally located.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station
Which trains run to Lyon?
- Seasonal also Eurostar runs through Lyon
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Paris, Lille, Marseille, Barcelona and many other cities in both France and accross the border.
Do you offer all train tickets to Lyon?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
The UNESCO World Heritage listed city of Lyon has a charming old town. Walk around Quartier Saint Jean and Quartier Saint Georges and enjoy the historic atmosphere. Visit the Museum of Archaelogy and Place des Terreaux. Lyon is easy to travel to by train from nearby cities like Genève and Marseille.
Lyon Part Dieu - Info
Railway Station Lyon
Lyon Part Dieu is the name of the main train station of Lyon and is located around 3 kilometers from the city centre. There are many shops and restaurants in and arond the station and there is Wifi hotspot.
- Wifi: free, but limited
- Lockers: yes, 06h15-23h00
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 30 minutes
- Bike: yes, https://velov.grandlyon.com/fr/les-stations/3010-part-dieu-cuirassier.html
- Tram: -
- Subway: yes, 3 stops
- Bus: yes
- Taxi: yes
Lyon Part Dieu - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Lyon Part Dieu
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Mercure Centre Saxe Lafayette***
Novotel Lyon Centre Part Dieu ***
Hotel Tete d'Or**
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago
Lyon Part Dieu - Rental cars
Rail Map - France
France by train - Train tickets & info
Tips and tricks to book cheap train tickets France
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available three months in advance (tickets for the summer can be booked from February) Train tickets can be three times as cheap if they are booked in advance
- If possible, avoid trains during rush hour and TGV's used by Parisians for "weekend breaks" to travel to the country side
- If tickets are sold out or very expensive, you could try to buy tickets to a destination nearby and from there to your final destination
- Sometimes regionals trains are much cheaper than TGV-trains, but often the travel time is much longer
- Travel on very early trains or late in the evening is often the cheapest option, except for some busy routes, like Paris to London
- Trains in France - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" award at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Book Cheap Train Tickets in Europe