Rome - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Rome - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Rome is also called "Eternal City" affectionately by Italians
Public transport is plentiful in Rome, with bus, metro and suburban train lines
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Rome
- Rome by train - City guide & train tickets
- Roma Termini - Info
- Roma Termini - Hotels near the station
- Roma Termini - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Italy
- Italy by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail destinations in Europe
Rome by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Rome?
Roma Termini is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Rome?
- Frecciarossa, top-class trains, Trenitalia's high speed trains with speeds up to 340kph.
- Frecciargento, trains from Rome to medium-sized cities in the northeast and south.
- Frecciabianca, trains from Milan and Rome to medium-sized cities.
- Intercity, long distance trains. Relatively fast with only a few stops.
- Intercity Notte. Domestic night trains, generally with sleepers available.
- NightJet, Austrian Railways ÖBB run connections to Vienna, Innsbruck and Munich in Germany.
- Regional trains by Italia's train company Trenitalia. Connecting all train stations.
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to almost every destination in Italy and also to destinations in Austria and Germany.
Do you offer all train tickets to Rome?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
If you think of Rome you can imagine the world famous landmark the Colosseum. Also not to miss is the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps.
Roma Termini - Info
Railway Station Rome
Most International and National train services arrives and departs from Rome Termini. This is the main station of Rome and is located in the centre of the city.
From Rome Termini you can access the public transport system of the city such as metros and busses. There is a connecting train service to the airport of Rome ''Leonardo Da Vinci'' Airport. The departs every 30 minutes and is called the Leonardo Express. There is a Wifi hotspot just outside the station. In the station there is a lot of eateries and shops. There is a tourist office and left luggage services.
- Wifi: yes, hotspot
- Lockers: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 10-40 minutes
- Bike: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: yes, multiple buses
- Tram: -
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
Roma Termini - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Roma Termini Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma***
Classic hotels, 5-minutes by foot from the station. Relaxed and quiet terrace to enjoy the sun.
High ratings. Next to Roma Termini, classical building from the 19the century. Very convenient.
300 meters from Roma Termini. Convenient. High ratings. Terrace with panoramic view over Rome.
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Roma Termini - Rental cars
Rail Map - Italy
Italy by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Italy:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 3-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Italy - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Trenitalia is the name of the national railways of Italy
- Cheap promo tickets are available if you book early
- Frecciarossa is the high speed train of Trenitalia
- Trenitalia - National railways Italy - More info and photos
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!