Stockholm - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Stockholm - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Discover the only 17th-century ship in the world that has been completely preserved: the Vasa. The museum of the same name is the most visited of Scandinavia
The Old Town in Stockholm, or Gamla Stan in Swedish, is one of the largest medieval city hearts in Europe.
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Stockholm
- Stockholm by train - City guide & train tickets
- Stockholm Central - Info
- Stockholm Central - Hotels near the station
- Stockholm Central - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Scandinavia
- Sweden by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Trains to Stockholm
Stockholm by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Stockholm?
Stockholm Central is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Stockholm?
- SJ Swedish Railways X2000 high speed train
- InterCity run by SJ, running to mid size cities in Sweden
- Night trains running from and to the north, to Lapland and Norway, sleepers available
- Night trains running from and to Malmo, sleepers available
- Regional trains connecting bigger stations with smaller stations in Sweden
Do you offer all train tickets to Stockholm?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Visit the Royal Palace in Stockholm, take a boat trip, take a trip through the Skansen Open-air Museum, or go on a discovery in the Abba museum.
Stockholm Central - Info
The X2000 trains arrive and depart from Stockholm Central. The station is located in the centre of the city. There are connecting train services to Stockholm Arlanda Airport. In the station you have restaurants and shops and a Wifi spot. There is a tourist office and a left-luggage service. It is possible to take the public transport of Stockholm to major tourist sights from the station.
Stockholm Central - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Stockholm Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Hip and trendy hotel next to the station. Beautiful views over the city from the rooftop. Very high ratings.
Comfortable 3-star hotel with spacious rooms 5 minutes by foot from the train station. Very convenient.
Hotel Terminus Stockholm****
Opposite the train station. Building from the 18th century. Convenient. High ratings.
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Stockholm Central - Rental cars
Sweden by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Sweden:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 2-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Sweden - Find & Book Train Tickets
- SJ is the name of the national railways of Sweden
- Cheap promo tickets are available if you book early
- The X2000 is the high speed train of SJ
- SJ - National Railways Sweden - More info and photos
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!