Lucerne by train
All train tickets and rail passes
- Trains to Luzern - Selection
- Luzern by train
- Rail Map - Switzerland
- Lucerne Station - Info
- Lucerne Station - Hotels near the Station
- Rental Cars in Lucerne
- Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
Luzern by train
How to book train tickets to Lucerne
Fares for train tickets to Lucerne from Germany start from €39 one-way. Tickets are available 6 months in advance.
Rail Map - Switzerland
Lucerne Station - Info
Railway Station Lucerne
Lucerne Station is the name of the main station of Lucerne.
Lucerne Station is a terminal station serving domestic and international train travel. The city of Lucerne is located in the centre of Switzerland, and is adjacent to Lake Lucerne. The station is located in the city centre.
- Wifi: yes, hotspot
- Lockers: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 5 minutes·
- Bike: -
- Subway: S-Bahn
- Bus: yes, multiple buses
- Tram: no
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
SBB 'My Station' app:
- The Swiss Federal Railways have created an mobile app which helps you finding what you are looking for at their railway stations. Never miss a station special again with the “My station” app and benefit regularly from attractive special offers. Use the search function to find all the platforms, stops, shops and station services. The "My Station" app shows you the quickest way around the stations Basel SBB, Bern, Genève-Cornavin, Lucerne and Zurich main station.
Just outside Lucerne you will find tourist attraction Mount Pilatus, this is a mountain with a height of 2137 meters above sea level. Mount Pilatus is accessible through:
- Cable car
- Bus from Lucerne Station to Kriens, from their you can take the cable car to Mt. Pilatus.
- Cogwheel train to Mount Pilatus.
- Train from Lucerne Station to Alpnachstad, from their you can take the Cogwheel train to Mt. Pilatus. This is the steepest cogwheel train in the world, with a slope of 48%
Lucerne Station - Hotels near the Station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Lucerne Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Ameron Hotel Flora Luzern****
Hotel Ambassador Luzern***
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Rental Cars in Lucerne
Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
Swiss Travel Pass
- 1 pass for all trains, buses and boats in Switzerland
- Cheaper than multiple single-journey tickets
- Free travel on most panoramic routes
- Free travel on public transport in 75 towns and cities
- Free admission to more than 490 museums
- Swiss Travel Pass - More information
Train Tickets in Switzerland
- All point-to-point tickets in Switzerland
- Half Fare discount
- Supersaver tickets
- Train Tickets in Switzerland - More information