Santiago de Compostela - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Santiago de Compostela - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
No time to hike to Santiago de Compostela? Take the train. It arrives in the city centre
Stay at one of the most luxurious Parador hotels of Spain, the Hostal dos Reis Católicos
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Santiago de Compostela
- Santiago de Compostela by train - City guide & train tickets
- Santiago de Compostela station - Info
- Santiago de Compostela station - Hotels near the station
- Santiago de Compostela station - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Spain & Portugal
- Spain by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Trains to Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Santiago de Compostela?
Santiago de Compostela is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Santiago de Compostela?
- AVE high speed trains by Spains national rail company RENFE. A high speed train that connects many cities in the country and to/from France
- Alvia connects both cities that are on the high-speed line and cities that are on normal train tracks. Maximum speed 250km / h.
- Media Distancia (MD) trains connect larger cities with small cities
Do you offer all train tickets to Santiago de Compostela?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
About Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela known as a sacred city where pilgrims were walking to in Middle Ages. There are still many travellers who are making the long walk by foot. If you are short on time you can just take the train and visit the sacred sights like Catedral de Santiago, Camino de Santiago and Museo das Peregrinacións.
Santiago de Compostela station - Info
Train Station Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela has one main station with the name "Santiago de Compostela".
- Wifi: no
- Luggage lockers: no
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid, see Saba
To the city centre (Centro)
- Walking: 15 minutes
- Bike: yes, rental shops are nearby
- Tram: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
Santiago de Compostela station - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Santiago de Compostela train station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
San Carlos Delicatessen Hotel***
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Santiago de Compostela station - Rental cars
Rail Map - Spain & Portugal
Spain by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Spain?
- Book as early as possibe, tickets are available 2 months in advance
- Avoid trains during rush hour
- Be aware that first class tickets are sometimes cheaper than second class tickets
- Trains in Spain - Find & Book Train Tickets
- National railways in Spain
- All major routes, like Barcelona to Madrid and Seville to Madrid
- High speed trains like the AVE
- Renfe - National Railways
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Train Tickets Europe - Buy all Cheap Tickets!