Trains in Norway - Rail Guide, Train Tickets & Reservations
Flamsbana, the Flam Railway - Cheap Train Tickets - Book Now!
Travel from 850m+ above sea level to sea level in less than 60 minutes
Beautiful green, lush valley
Eurail Pass / Interrail Pass: not valid on Flamsbana - discount applies when showing your pass
- Flamsbana (The Flam Railway) - Info
- Destinations - Flamsbana
- Norway by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - Scandinavia
- Types of high speed trains in Europe
Flamsbana (The Flam Railway) - Info
The Flam Railway (Flamsbana) is one of the steepest railways in the world. The trains running these tracks have special designed large windows and nostalgic interior.
- Myrdal to Flam | Flam to Myrdal
- Comfortable seats
- Great view through the big windows
The Myrdal station hosts an eatery, so does the village of Flam.
- Children: 0-3 years, free
- Children: 4-15 years, One child, between the age of 4 to 15 years, can travel with a discount with an adult with an ordinary ticket.
Dogs are taken as long they are on a leash and wear a muzzle. Dogs carried in a bench or bag travel for free, large dogs pay a fee.
No luggage limit on board of Flamsbana-trains. Small luggage can be stowed in the overhead luggage racks or under your seat, for larger cases there are luggage racks in the compartments and near the outside doors. Bear in mind that space is limited on board these trains.
Ticket inspections are made before entering the platforms on the main stations. In some stations ticket inspections are made on board of the train.
International discount cards don't give a discount on Flamsbana-services.
Interrail / Eurail
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fare, see Group travel by train.
The Flamsbana is a tourist train with the focus on discovering the Flam Valley. More information: Business travel by train.
Norway by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Norway:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 2-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Norway - Find & Book Train Tickets
- NSB is the name of the national railways of Norway
- Cheap promo tickets are available if you book early
- The X2000 is the high speed train between Oslo and Stockholm
- NSB - National Railways Norway - More info and photos
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!