InterCity Notte Italy
Trains in Italy - Rail Guide, Train Tickets & Reservations
InterCity Notte Italy - Cheap Train Tickets - Book Now!
InterCity Notte Italy: connecting important Italian destinations overnight
Train tickets start from € 39,90 i.e. Palermo to Naples
Ideal: board in the evening. To rest. Arriving at your destination in the morning
In the sleeping carriages you can enjoy your own washbasin. With a couchette you will find this in the hallway
Eurail Pass / Interrail Pass: valid on the InterCity Notte Italy - compulsory reservations for sleeper or chair
More info: trains in italy and Rail Guide italy
- InterCity Notte Italia - Info
- Destinations - InterCity Notte
- Italy by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - Italy
- Trains in Italy - Overview
- Types of high speed trains in Europe
InterCity Notte Italia - Info
These trains run on the traditional railway lines, outside the high-speed network. Connections are made between medium and large cities on long distances. Trains do not run often, usually once per day/night. Departure generally in the evening, arrival ususally the next morning.
- Rome to Palermo | Palermo to Rome
- Milan to Lecce | Lecce to Milan
- Naples to Palermo | Palermo to Naples
- One, two or three berths per compartment, bookable as sharing cabin
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Coffee or tea and a snack for breakfast
- Four berths per compartment, bookable as sharing cabin
- Moistened handkerchief
- Pack of mineral water
- Fruit juice in the morning
- Seat reservations obligatory
In sleeper cars, for use of raisor blades only.
Children up to 11 years travel for free. All people (including children) do need to book a place though. This is not free of charge for children.
Dogs are taken as long they are on a leash and wear a muzzle. Dogs carried in a bench or bag travel for free, large dogs pay a half the fare of an adult. Please mind that dogs are allowed only when booking a private cabin.
No luggage limit on board of InterCity Notte-trains. Small luggage can be stowed in the overhead luggage racks or under your seat, for larger cases there are luggage racks in the compartments and near the outside doors. Advisable to bring not too much luggage when you're traveling in a sharing compartment.
Ticket inspections are made before entering the platforms on the main stations. In some stations ticket inspections are made on board of the train.
International discount cards dont give a discount on InterCity-services.
Interrail / Eurail
If you are traveling on a Eurail/Interrail Flexi Pass, you only need to write the day of departure on your pass. The entire journey must be within the validity of the pass. Effectively, it therefore only costs you one travel day of the total available number of travel days.
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fare, see Group travel by train.
The private sleeper cabins onboard InterCity Notte-trains offers a comfortable and quiet working sphere. More information: Business travel by train.
At the station
Lounges are open for Executive-class passengers at major stations.
Italy by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Italy:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 3-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Italy - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Trenitalia is the name of the national railways of Italy
- Cheap promo tickets are available if you book early
- Frecciarossa is the high speed train of Trenitalia
- Trenitalia - National railways Italy - More info and photos
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!