Barcelona - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Barcelona - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Park Güell, inspired by English landscape gardens and romantic garden architecture
Visit the History Museum in Plaça del Rei for insight into Barcelona's rich past
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Barcelona
- Barcelona by train - City guide & train tickets
- Barcelona Sants - Info
- Barcelona Sants - Hotels near the station
- Barcelona Sants - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Spain & Portugal
- Spain by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail destinations in Europe
Trains to Barcelona
Barcelona by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Barcelona?
Barcelona-Sants is the central station. Barcelona-Franca is also a train station of importance.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
The train station is about 40 minutes walking from the city centre Ramblas.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Barcelona?
- AVE high speed trains by Spains national rail company RENFE. A high speed train that connects many cities in the country and to/from France
- Talgo, long distance trains by RENFE, the national railway company in Spain
- Euromed high-speed train, it runs along the Mediterranean coast from Barcelona to Alicante
- Alvia connects both cities that are on the high-speed line and cities that are on normal train tracks. Maximum speed 250km / h.
- Media Distancia (MD) trains connect larger cities with small cities
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to many cities like Zaragoza, Madrid, San Sebastian, Pamplona, Léon, Córdoba, Sevilla, Màlaga, Alicante, València and many other places in Spain. Also international trains to France, to cities like Perpignan, Narbonne, Montpellier, Valence and Paris.
Do you offer all train tickets to Barcelona?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Travel by the high speed trains AVE from Madrid and TGV from Paris to Barcelona. Explore the vibrant city centre with the harbour and the Ramblas. Visit the Sagrada Familia or the Gaudi Museum. The Barcelona Sants station is near all the sights and has many direct connections to major destinations in Spain and France.
Barcelona Sants - Info
Train Station Barcelona
Barcelona Sants is the name of the main station in Barcelona. AVE-trains run very regularly to Madrid, Valencia and Seville. TGV-trains run 2-3 times a day to Paris, Lyon and Marseille.
- Wifi: no
- Luggage lockers: yes, 5h30-23h00
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre (Ramblas)
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
Barcelona Sants - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Barcelona Sants Railway Station and in Catalonia
Barcelona Sants - Rental cars
Cheap rental cars near Barcelona Sants Railway Station
Rental car companies, among others: Alamo, Hertz, Sixt, Europcar, Avis, Budget, Global Rent a Car
Rail Map - Spain & Portugal
Spain by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Spain?
- Book as early as possibe, tickets are available 2 months in advance
- Avoid trains during rush hour
- Be aware that first class tickets are sometimes cheaper than second class tickets
- Trains in Spain - Find & Book Train Tickets
- National railways in Spain
- All major routes, like Barcelona to Madrid and Seville to Madrid
- High speed trains like the AVE
- Renfe - National Railways - More info
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Train Tickets Europe - Buy all Cheap Tickets!