NSB Regional Trains (Regiontog)
Trains in Norway - Rail Guide, Train Tickets & Reservations
Local Trains Norway - Cheap Train Tickets - Book Now!
2nd class carriages only, no reservation required, recommended though
Fast, punctual train services, both day and night
Eurail Pass / Interrail Pass: valid on Regional Trains Norway - book reservations now
- NSB Regional Trains (Regiontog) - Info
- Destinations - NSB Regional Trains (Regiontog)
- Norway by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - Scandinavia
- Types of high speed trains in Europe
NSB Regional Trains (Regiontog) - Info
NSB Regiontog trains run between the bigger cities like Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Bodo and Trondheim. These trains are very comfortable, running on many scenic routes, such as the Bergen Railway and the Rauma Railway. The international route Oslo - Gothenborg is also covered by this service.
- Oslo to Bergen | Bergen to Oslo
- Stavanger to Oslo | Oslo to Stavanger
- Bodo to Trondheim | Trondheim to Bodo
- Trondheim to Oslo | Oslo to Trondheim
- Comfortable seats
- Upgrade your ticket to NSB Komfort, which includes coffee/tea facilities
- Available on night trains running the services between the bigger cities. One or two berths in a cabin.
Vending machine for hot beverages and snacks (on most routes). On major routes a bistro is added to the train, serving hot/cold dishes.
On most routes.
- Children: 0-3 years, free
- Children: 4-15 years, One child, between the age of 4 to 15 years, can travel for free with an adult with an ordinary ticket. Children are entitled to a 50 % discount on standard adult ticket prices. Child tickets are subject to the same terms and conditions as standard tickets. Family discount does not apply to travel locally in Routes Area (Oslo Akershus).
Dogs are taken as long they are on a leash and wear a muzzle. Dogs carried in a bench or bag travel for free, large dogs pay a fee.
No luggage limit on board of NSB Regiontog-trains. Small luggage can be stowed in the overhead luggage racks or under your seat, for larger cases there are luggage racks in the compartments and near the outside doors.
Ticket inspections are made before entering the platforms on the main stations. In some stations ticket inspections are made on board of the train.
International discount cards don't give a discount on NSB Regiontog-services.
Interrail / Eurail
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fare, see Group travel by train.
The Komfort class (upgrade from second class) onboard NSB Regiontog-trains offers a comfortable and quiet working sphere. More information: Business travel by train.
Norway by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Norway:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 2-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Norway - Find & Book Train Tickets
- NSB is the name of the national railways of Norway
- Cheap promo tickets are available if you book early
- The X2000 is the high speed train between Oslo and Stockholm
- NSB - National Railways Norway - More info and photos
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!