Inverness - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Inverness - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Inverness: the city to discover the Highlands from
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Inverness
- Inverness by train - City guide & train tickets
- Inverness station - Info
- Inverness station - Hotels near the station
- Inverness station - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Great Britain & Ireland
- Great Britain by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Inverness by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Inverness?
The principal railway station serving Inverness is Inverness.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
This railway station is located in the centre of the city centre.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Please refer to our hotel suggestions on this page.
Which train services run to Inverness?
These operators run trains to and from Inverness.
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Do you offer all train tickets to Inverness?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Inverness is the ideal city to discover the Scottish Highlands, Loch Ness and the Scottish coastline. Maybe you even spot dolphins!
Inverness station - Info
Railway Station Inverness
Inverness has one major train station, "Inverness".
Collection of pre-purchased tickets
- From ticket office: yes
- Ticket machine: yes
- Monday - Friday 06:30 - 20:30
- Saturday 06:30 - 18:30
- Sunday 09:15 - 20:20
- Bicycle parking: yes
- Wifi: yes
- Left luggage: yes
- Parking: yes, free
To the city centre
- Walking: 5 minutes
- Bike: 2 minutes
- Tram: -
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes, www.traintaxi.co.uk
- Bike & Go: Bikes available for public hire from the station. Register online: www.scotrail.co.uk/bike-and-go
- Inverness Bike Hire: www.invernessbikehire.co.uk
- Ticket to Ride: www.tickettoridehighlands.co.uk
To the airport:
A bus service links Inverness with Inverness Airport. For details, visit www.travelinescotland.com or call 0871 200 22 33 (24 hours)
Finding your platform:
Check the large departure boards to find the right train - if it's not clear do not hesitate to ask one of the many helpful staff.
Inverness station - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Inverness Railway Station
Inverness station - Rental cars
Cheap rental cars near Inverness Railway Station
Rental car companies, among others: Alamo, Hertz, Sixt, Europcar, Avis, Budget, Global Rent a Car
Rail Map - Great Britain & Ireland
Great Britain by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Great Britain:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 2-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Great Britain - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!