Train Tickets Germany - Switzerland
Trains Germany to Switzerland
- Train tickets Germany to Switzerland
- Travel by Swiss Trains
- Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
- Germany by train - Train tickets & info
- Switzerland by train - Info
Train tickets Germany to Switzerland
Trains from Germany to Switzerland
There are very good connections between Switzerland and Germany. Two ICE and EuroCity-trains per hour operate from Basel to Freiburg and Frankfurt. Many of these services start in Swiss cities like Chur, Zürich, Interlaken and Bern and continue to German cities like Cologne, Hamburg and Berlin. A daily CityNightLine sleeper train operates from Zürich and Basel to destinations like Cologne, Hamburg, Berlin and Dresden.
A 2-hourly Intercity service connects Zürich wih Stuttgart, also an EuroCity-service connects Zürich and Munich with 4 trains daily. Regional train operate on lines like Ulm/Stuttgart to Lake Konstanz, Schaffhausen-Zürich and Freiburg-Basel.
If you book early you can book very cheap Supersaver tickets to and within Switzerland. For example tickets from Frankfurt, Munich or Berlin to Zurich, Zermatt or other Swiss city or available from only € 39 per person.
Travel by Swiss Trains
Regular trains in Switzerland are very convenient and punctual - one the finest in the world. Between major cities like Zurich, Bern, Basel and Geneven there are very frequent connections.
- RegioExpress - Trains between small cities / villages and major cities
- Regio trains between local towns
- InterCity - Trains between major cities, i.e. Basel to Geneve
- S-Bahn - Suburban trains around large cities like Zurich
Very famous scenic trains in Switzerland are the Glacier Express between St Moritz and Zermatt, the Bernina Express between Chur and Tirano just a few kilometers from the Swiss-Italian border, and the Golden Pass Line from Montreux to Zweisimmen. From Zweisimmen you can take a connecting train to Interlaken en Luzern.
Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
Swiss Travel Pass
- 1 pass for all trains, buses and boats in Switzerland
- Cheaper than multiple single-journey tickets
- Free travel on most panoramic routes
- Free travel on public transport in 75 towns and cities
- Free admission to more than 490 museums
- Swiss Travel Pass - More information
Train Tickets in Switzerland
- All point-to-point tickets in Switzerland
- Half Fare discount
- Supersaver tickets
- Train Tickets in Switzerland - More information
Trains in Switzerland
Rail Pass Europe
- One pass for all trains in Europe
- Often cheaper than multiple single-journey tickets
- Free travel on most panoramic routes
- Discounts on ferries like Italy-Greece
- Eurail - More information
Germany by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Germany:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 6 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Germany - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Deutsche Bahn is the name of the national railways of Germany
- "Sparpreis" is the name of the promo tickets of Deutsche Bahn
- ICE International is the high speed train of Deutsche Bahn
- Deutsche Bahn - National Railways Germany - More info
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!
Switzerland by train - Info
Switzerland by train
The Swiss Railways are the best in Europe, travelling by a panoramic train through Switzerland is a holiday itself. Take the world famous Glacier Express from St Moritz to Zermatt over the Albula Railway, Rhine Canyon, Oberalppas to the pittoresque village of Zermatt. Or travel the Bernina Express over the more than 2200 metres high Bernina Pass from Chur into Tirano in Italy.
Many mountain summits are connected by frequent railways or cable cars. Travel to the Jungfraujoch and enjoy the views over the Aletsch Glacier or take the Gornergrat-Railway from Zermatt and see the Matterhorn at it's best.