Clermont-Ferrand - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Clermont-Ferrand - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Clermont-Ferrand's cathedral Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption is entirely built in black lava stone (Volvic)
The Puy de Dôme (1464m) is a large lava dome and one of the youngest volcanoes in the Massif Central in Auvergne
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Clermont-Ferrand
- Clermont-Ferrand by train - City guide & train tickets
- Clermont Ferrand Gare SNCF - Info
- Clermont Ferrand Gare SNCF - Hotels near the station
- Clermont Ferrand Gare SNCF - Rental cars
- Rail Map - France
- France by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Trains to Clermont-Ferrand
Clermont-Ferrand by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Clermont-Ferrand?
Clermont-Ferrand is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located east of the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Clermont-Ferrand?
- TER regional trains by SNCF
- SNCF's Intercité long distance trains
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Lyon, Paris, Nimes, Moulins-sur-Allier among other destinations.
Do you offer all train tickets to Clermont-Ferrand?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Clermont-Ferrand is a lovely town in the Puy-de-Dôme, France, with a history dating back to pre-history. It's also a great starting point to discover the great nature of the Puy-de-Dôme.
Clermont Ferrand Gare SNCF - Info
Railway Station Clermond Ferrand
Clermond Ferrand Gare SNCF is located at the edge of the city centre.
- Wifi: free, but limited
- Lockers: yes, 09h00-20h45
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 15 minutes
- Bike: no
- Tram: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
Clermont Ferrand Gare SNCF - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Clermont Ferrand Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
5 Chambre en Ville***
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago
Clermont Ferrand Gare SNCF - Rental cars
Rail Map - France
France by train - Train tickets & info
Tips and tricks to book cheap train tickets France
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available three months in advance (tickets for the summer can be booked from February) Train tickets can be three times as cheap if they are booked in advance
- If possible, avoid trains during rush hour and TGV's used by Parisians for "weekend breaks" to travel to the country side
- If tickets are sold out or very expensive, you could try to buy tickets to a destination nearby and from there to your final destination
- Sometimes regionals trains are much cheaper than TGV-trains, but often the travel time is much longer
- Travel on very early trains or late in the evening is often the cheapest option, except for some busy routes, like Paris to London
- Trains in France - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" award at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Book Cheap Train Tickets in Europe