Trains in Spain - Rail Guide, Train Tickets & Reservations
Media-Distancia - Cheap Train Tickets - Book Now!
Media-Distancia: train services of the Spanish rail company RENFE
Cheap tickets from € 14,- for routes like Barcelona to Tortosa
Frequent and fast services on the mid-length distances
Comfortable seating, mostly appointed seats (reserved)
Eurail Pass / Interrail Pass: valid on the Media-Distancia - reservations obligatory, book now
More info: trains in Spain and Rail Guide Europe
- Media-Distancia - Info
- Destinations - Media-Distancia
- Spain by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail Map - Spain & Portugal
- Trains in Spain
- Types of high speed trains in Europe
Media-Distancia - Info
- Madrid to Jaén | Jaén to Madrid
- Léon to Madrid | Madrid to Léon
- A Coruña to Ferrol | Ferrol to A Coruña
- Comfortable seating
Preferente class (on some routes)
- Comfortable seating
- Quiet atmosphere
Children up to 11 years travel with discounted fares.
Dogs can only travel in Spanish trains when their weight is less than 10 kg. If a ticket is needed, it's for sale locally.
No luggage limit on board of Media-Distancia-trains. Small luggage can be stowed in the overhead luggage racks or under your seat, for larger cases there are luggage racks in the compartments and near the outside doors.
There is a check-in and x-ray of your luggage at almost all RENFE- stations. Be at the station at least 20 minutes before departure.
People over 60 years can buy a Tarjeta Dorada locally, which gives 25% to 40% over the full fare.
Interrail / Eurail
For groups from 6 persons we offer special group fare, see Group travel by train.
The Preferente class onboard Media-Distancia-trains offers a comfortable and quiet working sphere. The Lounge on Spanish stations is open for all Media-Distancia-Preferente-class passengers (except Promo-fares). More information: Business travel by train.
At the station
Note the check-in at the Spanish train stations (see above).
Spain by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Spain?
- Book as early as possibe, tickets are available 2 months in advance
- Avoid trains during rush hour
- Be aware that first class tickets are sometimes cheaper than second class tickets
- Trains in Spain - Find & Book Train Tickets
- National railways in Spain
- All major routes, like Barcelona to Madrid and Seville to Madrid
- High speed trains like the AVE
- Renfe - National Railways
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Train Tickets Europe - Buy all Cheap Tickets!