Montpellier - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Montpellier - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Cinemed, the International Mediterranean Film Festival, held in the fall since 1979
Bustling student city
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Montpellier
- Montpellier by train - City guide & train tickets
- Montpellier Saint-Roch - Info
- Montpellier Saint-Roch - Hotels near the station
- Montpellier Saint-Roch - Rental cars
- Rail Map - France
- France by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Trains to Montpellier
Montpellier by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Montpellier?
Montpellier-Saint-Roch is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Montpellier?
- TER regional trains by SNCF
- TGV to domestic destinations
- International TGV to both Spain and Belgium
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Avignon, Cerbère, Toulouse. Also stations further away are accessible without a change, such as Strasbourg, Nantes, Lille and Paris.
Do you offer all train tickets to Montpellier?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Montpellier is a major city in the south of France. The city is located near the Spanish border, the Pyrénées and the Cote d'Azur. Walk along the Esplanade de Charles de Gaulle or visit the imposing Montpellier Cathedral.
Montpellier Saint-Roch - Info
Railway Station Montpellier
Montpellier Saint-Roch is the name of the main train station of Montpellier and is located ath the edge the city centre. There are many shops and restaurants in and arond the sation and there is Wifi hotspot.
- Wifi: free, but limited
- Lockers: yes, 09h00-21h45
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 10-15 minutes
- Bike: no
- Tram: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
Montpellier Saint-Roch - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Montpellier Saint Roch Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Hotel Les Occitanes****
Best Western Comedie Saint Roch***
Hotel Saint Roch Montpellier Centre***
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago
Montpellier Saint-Roch - Rental cars
Rail Map - France
France by train - Train tickets & info
Tips and tricks to book cheap train tickets France
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available three months in advance (tickets for the summer can be booked from February) Train tickets can be three times as cheap if they are booked in advance
- If possible, avoid trains during rush hour and TGV's used by Parisians for "weekend breaks" to travel to the country side
- If tickets are sold out or very expensive, you could try to buy tickets to a destination nearby and from there to your final destination
- Sometimes regionals trains are much cheaper than TGV-trains, but often the travel time is much longer
- Travel on very early trains or late in the evening is often the cheapest option, except for some busy routes, like Paris to London
- Trains in France - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" award at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Book Cheap Train Tickets in Europe