Frankfurt - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Frankfurt - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Frankfurt am Main is also called Mainhattan or Manhattan on the Main
Special combination of picturesque town houses with imposing high-rise buildings
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Frankfurt
- Frankfurt by train - City guide & train tickets
- Frankfurt Hbf - Info
- Frankfurt Hbf - Hotels near the station
- Frankfurt Hbf - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Germany
- Germany by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Trains to Frankfurt
Frankfurt by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Frankfurt?
Frankfurt(Main) Hauptbahnhof is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
You can either walk about 20 minutes to the city centre or take a metro (underground).
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Frankfurt?
- InterCity by Deutsche Bahn, the German Railways.
- ICE (InterCity Express) which is Germany's high-speed train
- Eurocity. Connecting major European cities to each other.
- Regional Express, regional trains connecting bigger stations with smaller stations.
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to both national and international destinations. For example to Milan in Italy, to Amsterdam in The Netherlands, to Paris in France. Also to Berlin, Munich, Freiburg(Breisgau) and many other destinations.
Do you offer all train tickets to Frankfurt?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Fincancial capital of Germany. Visit Frankfurt's historic Old Town Römerberg. See a concert in the Old Opera House and have drink in the Hauptwache which is an old Police Guard House. Frankfurt have very well domestic and international train connections.
Frankfurt Hbf - Info
Railway Station Frankfurt
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf is the main station of Frankfurt, located in the middle of the centre. From the main station it is easy to get by train to the airport of Frankfurt. At the station there are a lot of eateries and shops. In the station you can access the S-Bahn network to get around the city of Frankfurt.
- Wifi: yes, free for 30 minutes
- Lockers: yes, 24h
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 10 minutes
- Bike: no city bikes
- Tram: -
- S Bahn: 9 minutes, every 2 minutes
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
Frankfurt Hbf - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Frankfurt Hbf Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
25hours Hotel by Levi's****
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof*****
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Frankfurt Hbf - Rental cars
Rail Map - Germany
Germany by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Germany:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 6 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Germany - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Deutsche Bahn is the name of the national railways of Germany
- "Sparpreis" is the name of the promo tickets of Deutsche Bahn
- ICE International is the high speed train of Deutsche Bahn
- Deutsche Bahn - National Railways Germany - More info
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!