Birmingham - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Birmingham - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Centrally located in England, close to both London and the North: Birmingham
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Birmingham
- Birmingham by train - City guide & train tickets
- Birmingham New Street - Info
- Birmingham New Street - Hotels near the station
- Birmingham New Street - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Great Britain & Ireland
- Great Britain by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Trains to Birmingham
Birmingham by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Birmingham?
The principal railway station serving Birmingham is Birmingham New Street.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
This railway station is located in the city centre.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Please refer to our hotel suggestions on this page.
Which train services run to Birmingham?
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Do you offer all train tickets to Birmingham?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Located in the county of West Midlands, Birmingham is the second largest city in the country, with more than 1 million inhabitants.
Birmingham New Street - Info
Railway Station Birmingham
"Birmingham New Street" is the name of the main train station of Birmingham for all trains to London and Manchester. Another major station in Birmingham is Birmingham Moor Street, just 5 minutes by foot from Birmingham New Street.
Collection of pre-purchased tickets
- From ticket office: yes
- Ticket machine: yes
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 05:15 - 23:00
Sunday 07:00 - 23:00
- Bicycle parking: yes
- Bicycle hire: no
- First class lounge: On the paid concourse between Platforms 3 & 4
- Wifi: yes
- Left luggage: Baggage Storage (Lockers). Located on the Station Forecourt. Mon - Sat 07:00 - 23:00. Sun 08:00 - 22:00
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 10 minutes
- Bike: 5 minutes
- Tram: -
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
To the airport
Regular train service to Birmingham International. It's a 10 - 15 minute journey.
Finding your platform
Check the large departure boards to find the right train - if it's not clear do not hesitate to ask one of the many helpful staff.
Birmingham New Street - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Birmingham New Street
Birmingham New Street - Rental cars
Cheap rental cars near Birmingham New Street Railway Station
Rental car companies, among others: Alamo, Hertz, Sixt, Europcar, Avis, Budget, Global Rent a Car
Rail Map - Great Britain & Ireland
Great Britain by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Great Britain:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 2-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Great Britain - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!