Marseille - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Marseille - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Marseille: gateway to the Mediterranean
A few hours out of town? Take a boat trip to the beautiful Castle If
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Marseille
- Marseille by train - City guide & train tickets
- Marseille St. Charles - Info
- Marseille St. Charles - Hotels near the station
- Marseille St. Charles - Rental cars
- Rail Map - France
- France by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Marseille by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Marseille?
Marseille-Saint-Charles is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Marseille?
- TGV, French Railways (SNCF) high speed trains
- TER, regional trains
- THELLO from and to Italy
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Nice, Aix-en-Provence, Paris Gare de Lyon, Menton, Toulon and many other cities.
Do you offer all train tickets to Marseille?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Marseille is the second largest city of France after Paris. The city is located in the south of France and has a large harbor. The city has a nice historic centre, but it's small compared to other big cities in France. The atmosphere is very vibrant and very different than in Paris or Nice, the second largest city in the Cote d'Azur after Marseille.
Marseille St. Charles - Info
Railway Station Marseille
Marseille St. Charles is the name of the main station in Marseille. TGV-trains run regularly to Paris, Lyon, Avignon and Barcelona.
- Wifi: free, but limited
- Lockers: yes, manned, 08h15-21h00
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre and the harbor
- Walking: 20 minutes
- Bike: yes, Le Velo
- Tram: -
- Subway: 2 stops
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
Marseille St. Charles - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Marseille St Charles Station and in Provence
Marseille St. Charles - Rental cars
Cheap rental cars near Marseille St Charles Railway Station
Rental car companies, among others: Alamo, Hertz, Sixt, Europcar, Avis, Budget, Global Rent a Car
Rail Map - France
France by train - Train tickets & info
Tips and tricks to book cheap train tickets France
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available three months in advance (tickets for the summer can be booked from February) Train tickets can be three times as cheap if they are booked in advance
- If possible, avoid trains during rush hour and TGV's used by Parisians for "weekend breaks" to travel to the country side
- If tickets are sold out or very expensive, you could try to buy tickets to a destination nearby and from there to your final destination
- Sometimes regionals trains are much cheaper than TGV-trains, but often the travel time is much longer
- Travel on very early trains or late in the evening is often the cheapest option, except for some busy routes, like Paris to London
- Trains in France - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" award at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Book Cheap Train Tickets in Europe