Munich - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Munich - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
From Munich you can easily take day trips to the Alps
Munich is known for its Oktoberfesten (which take place in September)
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Munich
- Munich by train - City guide & train tickets
- München Hbf - Info
- München Hbf - Hotels near the station
- München Hbf - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Germany
- Germany by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Munich by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Munich?
München Hauptbahnhof (Hbf) is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located not too far from the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Munich?
- InterCity by Deutsche Bahn, the German Railways.
- ICE (InterCity Express) which is Germany's high-speed train.
- Eurocity. Connecting major European cities to each other.
- Regional Express, regional trains connecting bigger stations with smaller stations.
- RailJet, Austrian trains connecting Munich with, among others, Vienna and Innsbruck.
Do you offer all train tickets to Munich?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
The Bavarian city Munich in southern Germany has many historic sights to visit. Visit Frauenkirche, Marienplatz, Englischer Garten and Nymphenburg Palast. Munich has many international train connections. Trains from, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland and Italy run directly to Munich.
München Hbf - Info
Railway Station Munich
München Hbf is the main station of Munich, located near the old city centre.
- Wifi: yes, free for 30 minutes
- Lockers: yes, 24h
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 15 minutes
- Bike: no city bikes
- Tram: -
- S Bahn: 7 minutes, every 2 minutes
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
München Hbf - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Munich Railway Station and in Bavaria
München Hbf - Rental cars
Cheap rental cars near Munich Railway Station
Rental car companies, among others: Alamo, Hertz, Sixt, Europcar, Avis, Budget, Global Rent a Car
Rail Map - Germany
Germany by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Germany:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 6 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Germany - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Deutsche Bahn is the name of the national railways of Germany
- "Sparpreis" is the name of the promo tickets of Deutsche Bahn
- ICE International is the high speed train of Deutsche Bahn
- Deutsche Bahn - National Railways Germany - More info
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!