Bratislava - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Bratislava - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
From Vienna, Bratislava is an easily accessible destination for a day trip by train
Visit the hill-top castle next to the river Danube
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Bratislava - Selection
- Bratislava by train - City guide & train tickets
- Bratislava hl.st. - Info
- Bratislava hl.st. - Hotels near the station
- Bratislava hl.st. - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Southeast Europe
- Slovakia by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Bratislava by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Bratislava?
Bratislava hl.st. is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, it is about a 25 minute walk to the middle of the old town.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Bratislava?
- RailJet, services from and to Austria
- RegioJet, services from and to Czech Republic
- Regional trains run by the Slovak Railways, also connecting with Vienna
- Eurocity international services
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Budapest, Vienna, Kosice, Brno, Praha and many other destinations, both national and international.
Do you offer all train tickets to Bratislava?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia located near the Austrian border. It's the most important city for the country. You will see a mix of historic and modern culture while walking around the city. The Bratislava Castle is worth a visit.
Bratislava hl.st. - Info
- Wifi: no
- Lockers/luggage depot: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes
To the city centre
- Walking: the center is about 2 km from the railway station
- Tram: yes
- Bus: yes
- Taxi: yes
Bratislava hl.st. - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings in Bratislava
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Located 100 m from Bratislava’s Main Train Station, Hotel Matyšák offers spacious rooms with free LAN access. The restaurant serves traditional Slovak dishes, as well as international cuisine. Hotel Matyšák’s historic wine cellar is the largest in the country. It features 45,000 bottles from across Slovakia. Wine tastings are regularly held there, and there is also a wine shop.
| • Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Bratislava hl.st. - Rental cars
Rail Map - Southeast Europe
Slovakia by train - Train tickets & info
Slovakia by train
Travel by train through Slovakia. Book a rail pass for various days or a single ticket. For Slovakia you can book the Interrail One Country Pass and Eurail One Country Pass.
All trains of RegioJet are bookable through HappyRail.
When travelling on an Interrail or Eurail Pass you can make your reservations on HappyRail.com as well. Simply fill in your departure and destination station to book the reservation.
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the award for "Best Innovation" at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy all Cheap Tickets!