Bordeaux - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Bordeaux - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Bordeaux Port de la Lune is on the World Heritage List, the first urban area on that list at the time of addition
Known worldwide for the wines from the Bordeaux area
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Bordeaux
- Bordeaux by train - City guide & train tickets
- Bordeaux St Jean - Info
- Bordeaux St Jean - Hotels near the station
- Bordeaux St Jean - Rental cars
- Rail Map - France
- France by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Bordeaux by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Bordeaux?
Bordeaux-St-Jean is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Bordeaux?
- TER regional trains by SNCF
- TGV high speed trains
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Paris, Périgeux, Arcachon, Bergerac, Agen, Narbonne, Libourne and many other destinations.
Do you offer all train tickets to Bordeaux?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Bordeaux is the largest city in the south western part of France. The city was founded in 300BC when it used to be a celtic village. In the Roman area it played an important role. During the 18th century the city became very rich and created a beautiful city centre which is one the largest remaining 18th century city centre in Europe. Some famous sights are the Esplanade des Quinconces, the largest square in Europe, the Grand Theatre, the Church of St Pierre and the Port of the Moon (Port de la Lune) , which is an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Bordeaux St Jean - Info
Railway Station Bordeaux
Bordeaux St Jean is the name of the main train station in Bordeaux. There is Wifi connection on the station and a tourist office.
- Wifi: free, but limited
- Lockers: yes, manned, 08h00-20h00
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 15 minutes
- Bike: no
- Tram: 11 minutes, Tram C
- Subway: -
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
Bordeaux St Jean - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Bordeaux St Jean
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Mercure Centre Gare St Jean***
Hotel Campanile Bordeaux Centre St Jean ***
Aquitain Hotel Gare St Jean**
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago
Bordeaux St Jean - Rental cars
Rail Map - France
France by train - Train tickets & info
Tips and tricks to book cheap train tickets France
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available three months in advance (tickets for the summer can be booked from February) Train tickets can be three times as cheap if they are booked in advance
- If possible, avoid trains during rush hour and TGV's used by Parisians for "weekend breaks" to travel to the country side
- If tickets are sold out or very expensive, you could try to buy tickets to a destination nearby and from there to your final destination
- Sometimes regionals trains are much cheaper than TGV-trains, but often the travel time is much longer
- Travel on very early trains or late in the evening is often the cheapest option, except for some busy routes, like Paris to London
- Trains in France - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" award at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Book Cheap Train Tickets in Europe