Toulouse - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Toulouse - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
One day in Toulouse? Don't forget to visit the Jardin des Plantes botanical garden
One of the five great Pilgrimage churches on the road to Santiago-de-Compostella is in Toulouse
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Toulouse
- Toulouse by train - City guide & train tickets
- Toulouse Matabiau - Info
- Toulouse Matabiau - Hotels near the station
- Toulouse Matabiau - Rental cars
- Rail Map - France
- France by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Toulouse by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Toulouse?
Toulouse-Matabiau is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located not far of the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Toulouse?
- Intercité, long distance trains by SNCF
- Intercité de Nuit, sleeper trains by SNCF
- TER regional trains
- TGV high speed trains
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Lyon, Ax-les-Thermes, Rodez, Boussens, Albi-Ville, Paris and many other destinations.
Do you offer all train tickets to Toulouse?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Toulouse is the capital of the Occitanie region in France and is located 150 kilometers from the sea. The city the fourth-largest city in France. Toulouse has a large historic centre with two UNESCO World Heritage sites, Canal du Midi and the Basilica of St. Sernin. It's also a vibrant city due to the large university.
Toulouse Matabiau - Info
Railway Station Toulouse
Toulouse Matabiau is the name of the main train station in Toulouse. There is Wifi connection on the station and a tourist office.
- Wifi: free, but limited
- Lockers: yes, manned, 08h30-22h00
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 15 minutes the Basilique St. Sermin
- Bike: no
- Tram: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: -
- Taxi: yes
Toulouse Matabiau - Hotels near the station
Toulouse Matabiau - Rental cars
Rail Map - France
France by train - Train tickets & info
Tips and tricks to book cheap train tickets France
- Book as early as possible, tickets are available three months in advance (tickets for the summer can be booked from February) Train tickets can be three times as cheap if they are booked in advance
- If possible, avoid trains during rush hour and TGV's used by Parisians for "weekend breaks" to travel to the country side
- If tickets are sold out or very expensive, you could try to buy tickets to a destination nearby and from there to your final destination
- Sometimes regionals trains are much cheaper than TGV-trains, but often the travel time is much longer
- Travel on very early trains or late in the evening is often the cheapest option, except for some busy routes, like Paris to London
- Trains in France - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same price or cheaper as the railways
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Winner of the "Best Innovation" award at the EU Rail Summit 2016
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Book Cheap Train Tickets in Europe