Heidelberg - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Heidelberg - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Climb the hill for a special view over the valley
Stroll along the Neckar, through the town and enjoy the splendor this city has to offer
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Heidelberg
- Heidelberg by train
- Heidelberg Hbf - Info
- Heidelberg Hbf - Hotels near the station
- Heidelberg Hbf - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Germany
- Germany by train - Train tickets & info
- Rail destinations in Europe
Trains to Heidelberg
Heidelberg by train
What is the name of the main station in Heidelberg?
Heidelberg is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
The train station Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof is located not too close to the city centre. You can reach the city centre easily through the train station Heidelberg Altstadt.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Heidelberg?
- InterCity by Deutsche Bahn, the German Railways.
- Eurocity. Connecting major European cities to each other.
- Regional Express, regional trains connecting bigger stations with smaller stations.
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Frankfurt, Mannheim, Karlsruhe and Basel, among other destinations.
Do you offer all train tickets to Heidelberg?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
The city of Heidelberg is located in the south western part of Germany and is very famous for the beautiful medieval town.
Heidelberg Hbf - Info
Railway Station Heidelberg
The main station of Heidelberg, Heidelberg Hbf, is located outside the city centre. You can use local trains to Heidelberg Altstadt station to get to the city centre.
- Wifi: yes, free for 30 minutes
- Lockers: yes, 24h
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 25 minutes
- Bike: no city bikes
- Tram: -
- S Bahn: 20 minutes
- Bus: 15 minutes, bus 33
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
Heidelberg Hbf - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Heidelberg Hbf Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Heidelberg Hbf - Rental cars
Rail Map - Germany
Germany by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Germany:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 6 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Germany - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Deutsche Bahn is the name of the national railways of Germany
- "Sparpreis" is the name of the promo tickets of Deutsche Bahn
- ICE International is the high speed train of Deutsche Bahn
- Deutsche Bahn - National Railways Germany - More info
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!