Istanbul - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Istanbul - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Being a huge
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Istanbul
- Istanbul by train - City guide & train tickets
- Istanbul Sirkeci - Info
- Istanbul Sirkeci - Hotels near the station
- Istanbul Sirkeci - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Southeast Europe
- Turkey by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Istanbul by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Istanbul?
The Istanbul Sirkeci train station is the station where traffic from and to Bulgaria and Greece goes. On the other side of the Bosporus lies the train station Pendik, where the Turkish Railways operate their high speed lines from.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
The Sirkeci train station is near the Topkapi Palace in that part of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Istanbul?
- Since there have been large-scale refurbishments on the tracks between Bulgaria and Istanbul, there is no longer any train traffic with foreign countries. Depending on the phase in which the project is located, a train replacement bus will be deployed on a small or large part of the route.
- High speed trains run from the Asian side of the Bosporus to and from cities further in Turkey.
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to Konya and to Ankara.
Do you offer all train tickets to Istanbul?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Being a huge city, Istanbul has a variety of tourist attractions, restaurants, nightlife spread across multiple districts.
Istanbul Sirkeci - Info
- Wifi: yes
- Lockers/luggage depot: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: no
To the city centre
- Walking: less than 5 minutes
- Tram: yes
- Bus: yes
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
Istanbul Sirkeci - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings in Istanbul
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Holiday Inn Istanbul Old City****
Located in the Fatih District in Istanbul, Holiday Inn Istanbul - Old City is a 12-minute walk from the Grand Bazaar. It features contemporary rooms with free WiFi.
| • Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Istanbul Sirkeci - Rental cars
Rail Map - Southeast Europe
Turkey by train - Train tickets & info
Travel by train through Turkey. Book a rail pass for various days or a single ticket. For the Balkan Countries you can book the Balkan Flexi Pass, Interrail One Country Pass and Eurail One Country Pass. When travelling on a Interrail or Eurail Pass you can make your reservations on Happyrail.com as well. Simply fill in your departure and destination station to book the reservation. For single tickets you can click here to contact us.