Manchester - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Manchester - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Manchester's Christmas Markets are among the biggest, busiest and best in Europe
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
Always the best deals
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Manchester
- Manchester by train - City guide & train tickets
- Manchester Piccadilly - Info
- Manchester Piccadilly - Hotels near the station
- Manchester Piccadilly - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Great Britain & Ireland
- Great Britain by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Trains to Manchester
Manchester by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Manchester?
The principal railway station serving Manchester is Manchester Piccadilly.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
This railway station is located to the south-east of the city centre.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Please refer to our hotel suggestions on this page.
Which train services run to Manchester?
Among others, the following rail companies run lines to and from Manchester:
- East Midlands Trains
- TransPennine Express
- Virgin Trains
- London North Eastern Railway
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Do you offer all train tickets to Manchester?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Manchester, particularly known as the birthplace of the industrial revolution, has a history of science, music, the arts, sports and politics. The city center is easy to walk or discover by bike.
Manchester Piccadilly - Info
Railway Station Manchester
"Manchester Piccadilly" is the name of the main train station of Manchester. Another major station in Manchester is "Manchester Victoria" in the northern part which is used mainly by regional trains.
Collection of pre-purchased tickets
- From ticket office: yes
- Ticket machine: yes
- Monday - Friday 04:30 - 22:30
- Saturday 04:30 - 22:30
- Sunday 07:00 - 22:30
- Bicycle parking: yes
- Bicycle hire: www.bromptonbikehire.com/docks/2322-manchester-piccadilly
- First class lounge: yes, above the information point (opposite the ticket office) on the main concourse
- Wifi: yes
- Left luggage: Baggage Storage (Lockers). Situated on Platform 10. Mon - Sat 07:00 - 23:00. Sun 08:00 - 23:00.
- Parking: yes, paid, Boad Street, Manchester, M60 7RT, www.trainstationparking.co.uk/
To the city centre
- Walking: 10 minutes
- Bike: 5 minutes
- Tram: -
- Bus: 5 minutes, free
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform
Check the large departure boards to find the right train - if it's not clear do not hesitate to ask one of the many helpful staff.
Manchester Piccadilly - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Manchester-Piccadilly
Manchester Piccadilly - Rental cars
Cheap rental cars near Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station
Rental car companies, among others: Alamo, Hertz, Sixt, Europcar, Avis, Budget, Global Rent a Car
Rail Map - Great Britain & Ireland
Great Britain by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Great Britain:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 2-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Great Britain - Find & Book Train Tickets
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!