Salzburg - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Cheap Train Tickets Salzburg - Book Now!
Salzburg is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe
The station is located near the city centre
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
- Trains to Salzburg
- Salzburg by train - City guide & train tickets
- Salzburg Hbf - Info
- Salzburg Hbf - Hotels near the station
- Salzburg Hbf - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Austria
- Austria by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Trains to Salzburg
Salzburg by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Salzburg?
"Salzburg Hauptbahnhof (Hbf)" is the name of the main train station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located near the old city centre.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Innsbruck?
- Railjet, fast domestic and international trains run by the OBB, the national railways of Austria
- ICE high speeds trains to Germany
Do you offer all train tickets to Salzburg?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Salzburg is listed on the UNSECO World Cultural Heritage Site. Visit Salzburg to see the great Hohensalzburg Fortress and stroll around the very old, classical streets in the old city centre which is almost completely intact. The historic atmosphere is comparable to Prague and area aroun the Hofburg in Vienna. Salzburg is easy to get to from cities around such as Munich and Vienna.
Salzburg Hbf - Info
Railway Station Salzburg
Salzburg Hauptbahnhof is the name of the main station of Salzburg. The station is located near the city centre and has lockers to store luggage during the day.
- Wifi: no, but Wifi is available in restaurants at the station
- Lockers: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 15-20 minutes
- Bike: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: yes, 10 minutes, Bus 160
- Tram: -
- Taxi: yes
Salzburg Hbf - Hotels near the station
Find hotels near Salzburg Hbf (Salzburg Railway Station)
Salzburg Hbf - Rental cars
Cheap rental cars near Salzburg Hbf
Rental car companies, among others: Alamo, Buchbinder, Hertz, Sixt, Europcar, Avis, Budget, Global Rent a Car
Rail Map - Austria
Austria by train - Train tickets & info
Here at HappyRail we book all train tickets in Austria. Simply enter your departure and arrival station at the top of this page and select travel date/time and number of travellers. We offer both domestic and international tickets.
How to book cheap train tickets in Austria
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 6 to 3 months in advance
- Avoid booking trains running during rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Austria - Find & Book Train Tickets
- OBB is the name of the national railways of Austria
- It operates on all major lines, for example from Vienna to Salzburg and from Vienna to Graz and Klagenfurt.
- Book early and catch a cheap Sparschiene saver ticket
- RailJet is the premium train of Austria
- OBB - Austria's national railway company
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.8 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!
Domestic train tickets
Domestic train tickets are based on a fare per kilometre, a few examples: Salzburg-Graz: €73,80, Salzburg-Vienna, €58,40 and Vienna-Graz €41,40. All long distance trains offer both second and first class, regional trains second class only.
Sometimes a so called "Sparschiene"-fare is bookable, on popular routes. For example Innsbruck-Vienna from € 19.- per person or even less.
A seat reservation is not compulsory, but can be useful on busy travel times like weekends or holidays. Seat reservation is possible on Railjet/ICE/EC and IC-trains for €4,50 per person. Sales for domestic tickets start 6 months before travel date.
For international journeys from Germany there are “Super Sparpreis-Europa”-fares available. These fares start at €19 for short journeys like Munich-Salzburg and €39 for longer journeys like Cologne-Vienna. Prices are subject to availability, early booking is recommended.
Booking starts 6 months before travel date for night trains and 3 months before travel date for day trains. International fares are also available on all routes from Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
If you’re planning to make several (longer) journeys within Austria the Interrail One Country Pass might be a useful purchase. Prices start at € 146 for second class and € 195 in first class for 3 flexible days in a month, there are also passes available for 4, 5, 6 or 8 days in a month. Seat reservation is not compulsory, but can be useful on long distances or busy days. Booking can be made on top of this page by selecting "Passes".
If you're from abroad (not a resident of Europe), please look for Eurail instead of Interrail.