Florence - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Florence - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
Travel by Frecciarossa and Italo trains to Florence
Always the best deals in Italy
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Florence
- Florence by train - City guide & train tickets
- Firenze S.M.N. - Info
- Firenze S.M.N. - Hotels near the station
- Firenze S.M.N. - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Italy
- Italy by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Florence by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Florence?
Florence Santa Maria Novella (Florence S.M.N.) is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Florence?
- Frecciarossa, top-class trains, Trenitalia's high speed trains with speeds up to 340kph.
- Frecciargento, trains from Rome to medium-sized cities in the northeast and south.
- Frecciabianca, trains from Milan and Rome to medium-sized cities.
- Intercity, long distance trains. Relatively fast with only a few stops.
- Intercity Notte. Domestic night trains, generally with sleepers available.
- NightJet, night trains run by the Austrian railways to Germany and Austria.
- Regional trains by Italia's train company Trenitalia. Connecting all train stations.
Are there direct trains to major cities nearby?
Yes, to many cities like Pisa, Rome, Napels, Turin, Munich, Innsbruck, Venice, Siena among others.
Do you offer all train tickets to Florence?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Florence is one of the major travel destinations for many tourist. Its beautiful Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore is Florence its famous landmark. The bridge Ponte Vecchio is one of Italians most magnificent bridges. Florence is easy to get to from the major cities in Italy.
Firenze S.M.N. - Info
Railway Station Florence
Florence Santa Maria Novella is the name of the station of Florence and is a important train hub in Italy. Freccia-trains, Italo and NightJet trains arrive and depart from this station.
- Wifi: yes, hotspot
- Lockers: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 10 minutes
- Bike: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: -
- Tram: -
- Taxi: yes
Firenze S.M.N. - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Firenze S.M.N. Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Grand Hotel Minerva****
Swimming pool overlooking the cathedral. Classic building, close to the station and old city centre. High ratings.
High ratings - in the heart of Florence. Very convenient 3-star hotel near the station and the cathedral.
Grand Hotel Baglioni****
Restaurant with a great view - enjoy the sight of the cathedral while eating your breakfast. Very good location. High ratings.
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Firenze S.M.N. - Rental cars
Rail Map - Italy
Italy by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Italy:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 3-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Italy - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Trenitalia is the name of the national railways of Italy
- Cheap promo tickets are available if you book early
- Frecciarossa is the high speed train of Trenitalia
- Trenitalia - National railways Italy - More info and photos
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!