Bern - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
- Trains to Bern - Selection
- Bern by train - City guide & train tickets
- Bern station - Info
- Bern station - Hotels near the station
- Bern station - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Switzerland
- Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
- Rail destinations in Europe
Bern by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Bern?
"Bern" is the name of the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located near the city centre. Walking to the river takes app. 10-15 minutes.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Bern?
Do you offer all train tickets to Bern?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Visit the capital of Switzerland, Bern. You will be amazed by the beauty of the old town of Bern - beautiful old building, high and romantic bridges, nice parks along the river.
Bern station - Info
Railway Station of Bern
Bern Hauptbahnhof is the name of the main station of Bern.
Bern Hbf is the major station in the swiss capital. The station is runned by the Swiss Federal Railways SBB, and is the second largest railway station in Switzerland after Zürich Hauptbahnhof. Besides domestic trains, several TGV’s and ICE’s are running through Bern Hbf, as also some international train to Italy. The station also contains a shopping center called Rail City, and a terrace on top of the station.
- Wifi: yes, hotspot
- Lockers: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: The station is located in the city centre
- Bike: -
- Subway: yes
- Bus: yes, multiple buses
- Tram: yes
- Taxi: yes
Finding your platform:
- On each platform and in the departure hall there are screens on which the departing trains are listed.
Finding your carriage:
- If you have a reserved seat, you can find the right spot on the platform where the carriage stops, by looking at the board of train compositions that can be found on any platform.
SBB ‘MY STATION’ app:
- Swiss Federal Railways have created an mobile app which helps you finding what you are looking for. Never miss a station special again with the “My station” app and benefit regularly from attractive special offers. Use the search function to find all the platforms, stops, shops and station services. The "My Station" app shows you the quickest way around the stations Basel SBB, Bern, Genève-Cornavin, Lucerne and Zurich main station.
Bern station - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings in Bern
Bern station - Rental cars
Rent a cheap car at the train station in Bern
8 rental car companies. Sixt, Hertz, Europcar, Keddy, Avis, Alamo, Budget, Dollar, Thrifty.
Rail Map - Switzerland
Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
Swiss Travel Pass
- 1 pass for all trains, buses and boats in Switzerland
- Cheaper than multiple single-journey tickets
- Free travel on most panoramic routes
- Free travel on public transport in 75 towns and cities
- Free admission to more than 490 museums
- Swiss Travel Pass - More information
Train Tickets in Switzerland
- All point-to-point tickets in Switzerland
- Half Fare discount
- Supersaver tickets
- Train Tickets in Switzerland - More information