Venice - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
Trains to / from Venice - Find & Buy Train Tickets!
The Venice Santa Lucia station is super central and ideal for a daytrip to Venice
Travel directly to Venice from many places
Same prices or cheaper as the railways
Pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Alipay, Sofort etc.
#1 in Europe for all train tickets
All deals, complete timetable and easy to book!
- Trains to Venice
- Venice by train - City guide & train tickets
- Venezia Santa Lucia - Info
- Venezia Santa Lucia - Hotels near the station
- Venezia Santa Lucia - Rental Cars
- Rail Map - Italy
- Italy by train - Train tickets & info
- Other destinations
Venice by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Venice?
Venice Santa Lucia is the central station.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located near the centre of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Venice?
- Frecciarossa, top-class trains, Trenitalia's high speed trains with speeds up to 340kph.
- Frecciargento, trains from Rome to medium-sized cities in the northeast and south.
- Frecciabianca, trains from Milan and Rome to medium-sized cities.
- Intercity, long distance trains. Relatively fast with only a few stops.
- Intercity Notte. Domestic night trains, generally with sleepers available.
- Thello. Night trains from Paris to Venice and Milan.
- Regional trains by Italia's train company Trenitalia. Connecting all train stations.
Do you offer all train tickets to Venice?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Venice is a city which is used in many famous movies and known for its absolute beauty like the Grand Canal. Enjoy a coffee at Piazza San Marco and have typical boat tour on the Grand Canal.
Venezia Santa Lucia - Info
Railway Station Venice
Venezia Santa Lucia is of the two main stations of Venice. Venezia Santa Lucia is the major station if you want to visit the old city, it's located in the middle of the old city centre, from here you can walk to the major sights, for example the San Marco square.
- Wifi: yes, hotspot
- Lockers: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
To the city centre
- Walking: 5 minutes
- Bike: -
- Subway: -
- Bus: -
- Tram: -
- Taxi: yes
Venezia Santa Lucia - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Venice Train Station
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Hotel Santa Chiara****
Panoramic view over the Canal Grande. 200 meters from the train station, next to the ferry. High ratings. Classical Venetian building.
B&B da Nina**
High ratings. Convenient 2-star hotel in the heart of Venice, a 2-minute walk from the train station.
Former monastery. Beatiful garden, centrally located, 5 minutes by foot from the station. High ratings.
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Venezia Santa Lucia - Rental Cars
Rail Map - Italy
Italy by train - Train tickets & info
How to book cheap train tickets in Italy:
- Book as early as possibe
- Train tickets are available 3-4 months in advance
- Avoid trains in rush hour
- Travel very early in the morning or early in the afternoon
- Trains in Italy - Find & Book Train Tickets
- Trenitalia is the name of the national railways of Italy
- Cheap promo tickets are available if you book early
- Frecciarossa is the high speed train of Trenitalia
- Trenitalia - National railways Italy - More info and photos
Train tickets Europe
- HappyRail: one site for all train tickets in Europe
- Same prices as the railways, sometimes cheaper, always easier
- Collect HappyMiles with every trip
- Customers rate us with 4.7 stars
- Complete, easy and the best price!
- Trains in Europe - Buy Cheap Train Tickets!