Zurich - Train Tickets & City Guide
All train times, best prices and easy to book
- Trains to Zurich - Selection
- Zürich by train - City guide & train tickets
- Zürich HB - Info
- Zürich Hauptbahnhof - Hotels near the station
- Zürich Hauptbahnhof - Rental cars
- Rail Map - Switzerland
- Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
- Other destinations
Zürich by train - City guide & train tickets
What is the name of the main station in Zürich?
Zürich Hauptbahnhof (Hbf) is the central station. The station of Zürich Flughafen is app. 10 minutes by train by from the main station. From the airport there are also direct trains to all major destinations in Switzerland.
Can you walk from the station to the (old) city centre?
Yes, the station is located in the middle of the city.
Which hotels do you recommend near the station?
Check our list of recommend hotels near the station.
Which trains run to Zürich?
- TGV from Paris
- ICE (InterCity Express) from Germany
- Eurocity from Milan
- Railjet from Salzburg and Vienna
- Domestic Swiss trains
Do you offer all train tickets to Zurich?
Yes, we offer all train tickets - always the best price, no booking fees and e-tickets!
Wander through the Old Town of Zurich. The street starting at the station, the Bahnhofstrasse, is a long shopping street. From the old centre you can walk to the Lake of Zürich and stroll along the shores and enjoy the great views of the high Alps at the horizon.
Zürich HB - Info
Railway Station Zürich
Zürich Hauptbahnhof is the name of the main station in Zürich.
Zürich HB is the largest railway station in Switzerland, and is an important railway hub in Switzerland. Trains from surrounding countries as France, Germany, Austria and Italy travel to and from Zürich HB. Below the station you will find the big shopping centre called ‘ShopVille’. This centre contains out of more than two hundred stores, restaurants and tourist offices. Frequent direct trains from Zurich HB travel to the airport, which is 10 minutes journey.
- Wifi: yes, hotspot
- Lockers: yes
- Restaurants: yes
- Parking: yes, paid
- Public transport: Buses, Trams, Trolleybuses
To the city centre
- Zürich Hauptbahnhof is located in the city centre.
SBB 'My Station' app
- The Swiss Federal Railways have created an mobile app which helps you finding what you are looking for at their railway stations. Never miss a station special again with the “My station” app and benefit regularly from attractive special offers. Use the search function to find all the platforms, stops, shops and station services. The "My Station" app shows you the quickest way around the stations Basel SBB, Bern, Genève-Cornavin, Lucerne and Zurich main station.
How to book train tickets to Zurich
Fares for train tickets to Zurich from for example Frankfurt start from €39 one-way.
How to travel by train to Zurich
Zürich Hauptbahnhof - Hotels near the station
Find cheap hotels with good ratings near Zürich Hauptbahnhof
|• Walking distance from the train station||• Rating: 8+|
Zurich Marriott Hotel*****
|• Find more cheap hotels:
||Booking.com • Agoda • Trivago|
Zürich Hauptbahnhof - Rental cars
Rail Map - Switzerland
Switzerland by train - Train tickets, rail passes & info
Swiss Travel Pass
- 1 pass for all trains, buses and boats in Switzerland
- Cheaper than multiple single-journey tickets
- Free travel on most panoramic routes
- Free travel on public transport in 75 towns and cities
- Free admission to more than 490 museums
- Swiss Travel Pass - More information
Train Tickets in Switzerland
- All point-to-point tickets in Switzerland
- Half Fare discount
- Supersaver tickets
- Train Tickets in Switzerland - More information